Trust Health Check Fact Sheet
Download our fact sheet to learn about our Trust Health Check
In our experience working with trusts, many people set up a family trust because it seemed like a good idea at the time. Legal documents are signed, only to be left in the bottom of drawers to gather dust. We often see trusts that are set up with good intentions, but when it’s time to call upon their protection things don’t go to plan. This is usually due to the management of the trust. If you have a trust yourself or you’re a trustee for someone else’s trust, then our Trust Health Check might be appropriate for your situation.
It’s designed to:
- Identify and rectify any gaps in the historic documentation of the trust
- Ensure that your wills and letter of wishes are (a) complete and (b) relevant
- Complete any gifting documentation for wealth accumulated since you formed the trust
- Confirm which assets are in the trust’s name, and transfer the ownership of specific assets as needed
- Check that all accounting and tax obligations for the trust have been met, and that the financials are up to date
- Ensure that the trust is operating for the benefit of the right people
Once your initial review is complete, we’ll define a specific plan to get your trust back in shape so it protects you the way you expect.